I’m pretty sure that yesterday the MCats set a record for the total number of songs played in a gig: 42!
Of course, because 42 is the answer to everything!
The photos are a bit out of focus, but the party-goers all celebrated Valerie’s 39th birthday (39, right?) in style!
Thanks to the Gores for hosting a fine event on a great evening for a party in Acton!
I even manged to capture a before (sound check) and after (last call) video. So you can see why “set 1” songs differ from “set 3” songs. Party on!
- Centerfield (G) – John Fogerty
- Breakdown (Am) – Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
- Stray Cat Strut (Cm) – Stray Cats
- Moondance (Am, sax) – Van Morrison
- Bad Moon Rising (D) – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Sultans of Swing (Dm) – Dire Straits
- Should I Stay or Should I Go (D) – The Clash
- Stand (E) – R.E.M.
- The Last Time (E) – The Rolling Stones
- Psycho Killer (Am) – Talking Heads
- Margaritaville (D) – Jimmy Buffett
- My Best Friend’s Girl (F) – The Cars
- Brown Eyed Girl (G) – Van Morrison
- Learn to Fly (B) – Foo Fighters
- Peace, Love and Understanding (G) – Elvis Costello
- Can’t Get Enough (C) – Bad Company
- Louie Louie (A) – The Kingsmen
- Smokin’ In The Boys’ Room (recorded in D, play in A) – The Brownsville Station
- Just Like Heaven (A) – The Cure
- What I Like About You (E) – The Romantics
- 867-5309 (Jenny) (F#m) – Tommy Tutone
- Turning Japanese (G) – Vapors
- Mustang Sally (C, sax) – Wilson Pickett
- Birthday (A) – The Beatles
- Oye Como Va (Am, sax) – Santana
- Tequila (E, sax) – The Champs
- Take Me To The River (E) – Talking Heads
- Refugee (F#m) – Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
- Born To Be Wild (E) – Steppenwolf
- Takin’ Care of Business (C) – Bachman-Turner Overdrive
- Pink Cadillac (E, sax) – Bruce Springsteen
- Honky Tonk Women (G) – The Rolling Stones
- *Cover Me (Bm) – Bruce Springsteen
- *Glory Days (A) – Bruce Springsteen
- Summertime Blues (Remixed Live) (D) – The Who
- Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly (C to Eb, sax) – Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels
- Smoking Gun (E) – Robert Cray
- Brown Sugar (C, sax) – The Rolling Stones
- Love Shack (C) – The B-52’s
- Runnin Down A Dream (E) – Tom Petty
- Sweet Caroline (recorded in B, play in A) – Neil Diamond
- Dirty Water (E) – The Standells
* = new (for the Jersey girl)