Last night, after finishing remodeling his kitchen, Paul and the gang loaded up the tour bus and headed to Boston (well, Brighton, actually) for their much anticipated gig at the Brighton Beer Garden (BBG).
The BBG is a theme-based joint, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. Some college or something.
In any event, the BBG was packed with lots of 40-somethings from Greater Acton, lots of 20-somethings from Greater Boston, and one 30-something (thanks for coming).
Note to self: two longer sets work better for these types of gigs rather than three longer sets. Second note to self: change band’s tagline to “From Brighton To Boylston.” Or something like that.
- Good Lovin’ (C) – Grateful Dead
- It’s All Been Done (D) – Barenaked Ladies
- Centerfield (G) – John Fogerty
- Born To Be Wild (E) – Steppenwolf
- Just What I Needed (E) – The Cars
- Sultans of Swing (Dm) – Dire Straits
- Stray Cat Strut (Cm) – Stray Cats
- Peace, Love and Understanding (G) – Elvis Costello
- Should I Stay or Should I Go (D) – The Clash
- Stand (E) – R.E.M.
- Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly (C to Eb, sax) – Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels
- Breakdown (Am) – Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
- Psycho Killer (Live) (Am) – Talking Heads
- Sunshine of Your Love (D) – Cream
- My Best Friend’s Girl (F) – The Cars
- Learn to Fly (B) – Foo Fighters
- Can’t Get Enough (C) – Bad Company
- Smokin’ In The Boys’ Room (recorded in D, play in A) – The Brownsville Station
- Just Like Heaven (A) – The Cure
- Pump It Up (B) – Elvis Costello
- Back In The U.S.S.R. (A) – Paul McCartney
- Tush (G) – ZZ Top
- I Fought the Law (D) – The Clash
- Honky Tonk Women (G) – The Rolling Stones
- 867-5309 (Jenny) (F#m) – Tommy Tutone
- Turning Japanese (G) – Vapors
- *It’s a Shame About Ray (A) – The Lemonheads
- Take Me To The River (Live) (E) – Talking Heads
- Cover Me (Bm) – Bruce Springsteen
- *Are You Gonna Be My Girl (A) – JET
- Takin’ Care of Business (C) – Bachman-Turner Overdrive
- Runnin Down A Dream (E) – Tom Petty
* = new